Abady Law Firm, P.C. – Customs and Import/Export Attorney Blog
Learn the Basics of Customs and International Trade Policy and Procedure
Archive for the "Global Entry" Category
International travelers, do you hate waiting on line in order to clear Customs at airports around the country? Global entry is a program established by U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) that expedites clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Instead of waiting on those long lines, one is able process their clearance through Customs at Global Entry kiosks where one can scan their passport or U.S. permanent resident card, place their fingertips on the scanner for fingerprint verification, and make a customs declaration.
In order to become accepted under the Global Entry program travelers must be pre-approved. This includes a full background check and interview.
What are the advantages under the Global Entry program?
Globalentry.gov provides that there is:
- No processing lines
- No paperwork
- Access to expedited entry benefits in other countries
- Available at major U.S. airports
- Reduced wait times
Globalentry.gov further provides the following reasons for a DENIAL under the Global Entry program:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application;
- Have a criminal history, have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges or outstanding warrants;
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration or agriculture regulations or laws in any country;
- Are subjects of an ongoing investigation by any federal, state or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation;
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low-risk status (e.g. CBP has intelligence that indicates that the applicant is not low risk; CBP cannot determine an applicant’s criminal, residence or employment history)
Need help applying for the Global Entry Program? Were you denied and need assistance filing an appeal? Was your Global Entry status revoked?
For more information about this blog post, please contact Abady Law Firm, P.C. and speak with our customs attorney at (800) 549-5099. Also visit www.customsesq.com to chat with a customs lawyer — who has insight into applying or appealing into the Global Entry Program — and to schedule a consultation. To chat with us, click the bottom right corner tab of our homepage.
Don’t forget to LIKE US on Facebook for firm news, import/export news and legal updates.